Friday, April 22, 2011

Whitney's Graduation Photos

It's been a very long time since I have posted!  I suppose you could say I'm on a type of sabbatical.  Much going on, and therefore "overwhelmed" might be a good descriptive word for me these days.

Last Friday, we took Whitney's graduation photos at our favorite local park, Maymont.  It was a beautiful afternoon, and as soon as Carl was off work, we rushed to the park to catch the perfect sunshine for our photos.  Whitney was a good little model... she did everything we told her to do... such as "tilt your head a little to the right" or "turn this way-- now look down a little".  Plenty of shots we didn't have to tell her a thing... she just naturally chose a pleasant pose.  I have many more photos to look through and edit, but here are the first three that I pulled and worked on recently.









I love photography, but know I'm not that great at it.  I have good ideas, but don't always know how to make them happen with the camera.  Thankfully, I have a photographer husband who does!  I always enjoy the post-processing or editing of the photos, where color and light can be balanced, as well as a host of other changes can be made.  I still love my Sagelight Editor and highly recommend it to those who want professional results but don't want to learn the technicalities of Photoshop.  Carl's strictly a Photoshop man, but has seen me work with Sagelight, and has been impressed.  Sagelight has plenty of advanced features, if you care to dig in and learn them, but it is a very intuative program, which means it won't take long to learn to get great results.  Another program I use is Serif's PhotoPlus.  In ability, it's somewhere between Photoshop Elements and the full-fledged Photoshop.  Amazon has it for around $60, but if you download Serif's free older version, you'll eventually receive an offer to get their latest version, X4, for a better deal... $40.

The above photos were edited in Sagelight.  By the way, I'm not an affiliate for any of these products, I'm just sharing what I like!  And sharing my sweet daughter's graduation photos. :)

Happy Easter, everyone!  Have a wonderful weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Those are beautiful photos of Whitney! We have taken the girls to Maymont a couple of times when we were visiting and it really is a nice park.

    Hope you and your family have a nice Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...