Friday, April 29, 2011

Springtime Cleaning

Did April fly by, or what?  Well, it's springtime and with that comes the desire to clean.  Just the other day I realized how messy our home library is, and so I started working to dejunk it yesterday.  What a job it is moving books!  It's an aerobic workout!  I even hurt my wrist from lifting or pushing too many.  I have filled 2 huge boxes with homeschool books I plan to sit down and sell online once my girls are both off to work this summer.  Now, where to put those two huge boxes in the meantime??

I never enjoy the process of dejunking and cleaning, but I sure do love the product!  I get so angry at myself sometimes when I sit and sort through the piles of papers that collect, and I see that I've had sitting around our home, papers and catalogs from months ago, just taking up space.  I always plan on reading them later, but never do.  Anyone else do that?  Ugh.  But, it's gone now, thankfully!  Isn't it something, how we think we'll be happier holding onto various things we might need?  But we deceive ourselves, because there is always a peace of mind that comes when it is gone.  Clutter affects us, whether we realize it or not.

Hopefully today I'll finish the library.  It was so messy, I wouldn't dare post a before picture, but maybe I'll post an after one when it's done.  Have a great weekend, everyone!

-------------------------------------------
5/4/11 Update:  Here's the finished library!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...