Wednesday, May 4, 2011

31 Days to Clean

Been reading a recommended ebook... "31 Days to Clean: Having a Martha House the Mary Way".  It's a 73 page book that guides you along the way to spring clean your house in 31 days, but that's actually the smallest (and weakest) part.  The main thrust is why to clean and organize, and how to give life to your home.  So far the most helpful part to me personally was learning why it's so difficult to keep up with housework and to stay on task.  The reason is because of the curse in Genesis 3:17-18:
"...cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;  Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee;..."  
However, the author explains how our work ultimately has eternal value, and how important it is how we respond to God through the work we do.  This is a truth that is very helpful to me.

I'm only on Day 8, so I can't give a full review or definite recommendation yet.  I'll write more another time!

With Suzette and Tim coming home from college in 10 days, you see why I'm busy cleaning and looking for inspiration.  I need all the help I can get! :)

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to hear what you think when you've finished this e-book. I've seen it mentioned several places online, but haven't bought it yet.

    Hope you have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...