Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Fruit of Her Hands... and now The Fruitful Day!

With Whitney having only one more year at home before college, I've been wondering what I will do when she is gone.  Before God called me home to raise children and home educate them, I was a computer programmer.  That was 20 years ago, and what I knew then is mostly obsolete now.  I'd like to be a financial help to my hardworking hubby, and I think I would enjoy working from home.  I've decided to start an online business selling ladies' day planner pages that I will design.  I've always loved day planner books, but have had a hard time finding pretty, feminine pages.  The ones at the office stores are okay, but expensive, and many of the quotes printed on them are nothing more than foolish nonsense.  Here are a couple examples of such quotes from my old set of planner pages:
"Whatever you are by nature, keep to it; never desert your own line of talent.  Be what nature intended for you, and you will succeed; be anything else and you will be ten thousand times worse than nothing."
"To know one's self is the true; to strive with one's self is the good; to conquer one's self is the beautiful."
The secular world clearly has a shortage of wise quotes, otherwise they wouldn't be printing such nonsense on their day planner pages!

Even with the growing trend of iPads with their built in electronic organizers, there are still plenty of people who want to use old-fashioned pen and paper.  I feel there is a need for pretty, feminine day planner pages that are reasonably priced, and easy to acquire.  I hope to offer a product many ladies will enjoy.  And if my planner pages do have quotes, they will teach Biblical wisdom, character, and truth!

I am not a time management expert, or a born organized person.  In fact, I struggle in those areas.  Maybe that is why I am driven to plan my days, and so because of my own weaknesses, I've learned over the years which planner tools help the most.

Come visit my new site and be sure to let me know what you think.  But be kind... it's very new and developing s-l-o-w-l-y.  Because we are still homeschooling, and will be finishing up a few subjects over the next several months, I cannot devote a lot of time to it.  Also, I have MUCH to learn (It's a big undertaking, as I'm finding out!), so it will definitely be a gradual project.  Little and by little though, I'll get there. :)

www.thefruitfulday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...