Saturday, December 4, 2010

God's Been Good

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.  My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.  He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.  Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.  The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand.  The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.  The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.  The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.
Psalm 121
=====================================

"Life can throw you for a loop", as they say.  But God is good.  No matter what, He is faithful and true, and is always there to see us through.

A cousin recently came into town, mistreated and hurt our family, and left.  But God is good.  He protected us from what could have been a worse situation, and has brought us closer through it.  What we hoped would be an opportunity for her to live for the Lord, and teach her daughter to be a help and blessing to those less fortunate than herself, turned out for them to be a return to "Egypt".  It breaks my heart.  Please say a prayer for our cousin.  She is confused, and needs the Lord.

As a child of God, do you ever look back to the past, and see all that He did?  As terrible as some things were, I have even thanked Him for the hard times from my past, and wouldn't change them, because if I could and did, I might not know Him or walk with Him as I strive to today.  Without the hard times, and God changing me through them, I wouldn't be the wife or mother I desire to be.  We would have raised our daughters differently.  Praise the Lord for His sovereign hand, and for all HE HAS DONE in and through our lives.

Here is a song from Witness!, a singing group from Heartland Baptist Bible College.  I've heard a few different groups sing this song, but this recording is my favorite.  The soloist is a sweet student we met this summer, when the girls from the group stayed with us for a couple of days.

Thank and praise God today for the good times and the hard times. 

God's Been Good by Witness on Grooveshark

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...