Saturday, September 4, 2010

As The New School Year Begins

It's been a busy week, as Whitney and I have been getting back into the "homeschool swing".  Our first day we sat down and talked about each subject and how we would approach and utilize the curriculum we chose.  We have an eclectic style to our homeschool, not using any one particular curriculum company.  Some of the curricula we currently use are Teaching Textbooks, Institute for Excellence in Writing, Apologia Science, Notgrass History, Memoria Press Latin, Easy Grammar Plus, and BJU Literature.  That takes care of the academics, but we will also study the Bible and have devotions.

In a recent post, I mentioned that Whitney and I had just finished the book, Raising Maidens of Virtue, which we studied together each morning.  I've been in prayer about what book to cover next with her, and on Monday finally placed my order online for the book, Stepping Heavenward, by Elizabeth Prentiss.  (I have a 1901 copy, but I wanted a less fragile and more readable copy, so I ordered a new one for us to enjoy.)  I ordered it from Solid Ground Christian Books, who also offers a companion study guide.  I am very excited about this new book and look forward to what God has in store for Whitney and I as we read and study it alongside the Bible together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...