Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Back to College

It was very difficult to let my girl go this time.  Not sure why, it just was.  Darlene also sent off her son, who was home for only two weeks.  She comforted me as we left the airport... probably when she needed comforting herself.  That's what you call a good friend. 

So she's back in Oklahoma, getting her part of the dorm room all fixed up -- "Suzette style".  Yesterday she went to Wal-Mart for supplies, secured her on-campus job, and spent some time getting to know her three roommates!  Today is returning student registration, so I'm praying she'll get the classes, music lessons, and ministry opportunities she is desiring for the semester.

Now that Tim & Suzette are back on campus, my "college prayers" have begun.  Many of you parents know what I'm talking about!  It's time to be on my knees, praying for God's guidance and protection while they are far from home.  And it's time to trust in the Lord, as He continues to do His work, in and through them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...