Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Caramel Brownies

(*** I haven't been very active with my blog lately because my time and focus have been pulled to other areas of our family's life.  I will return to more regular involvement when I am able. ***)

I found a keeper recipe and would like to share it, even though it's totally unhealthy!  I don't remember where I found it online and who to give credit to, but it's so good - I must share it with the rest of the world!  Simple and easy and everyone loves them.

Caramel Brownies

2/3 cup evaporated milk, divided
3/4 cup butter
1 box German chocolate cake mix
14 oz. caramels
12 oz. chocolate chips

Unwrap caramels.  With mixer combine 1/3 cup evaporated milk, 3/4 cup butter and cake mix.  Batter should be crumbly.  Put half of cake batter mixture in 9x13 greased and floured cake pan or pyrex dish.  Bake at 350 degrees for 6 minutes.  While baking, melt caramels and 1/3 cup evaporated milk in microwave or on stovetop.  Pour caramel mixture over baked brownie layer.  Sprinkle with chocolate chips and remaining cake batter mixture.  Bake another 15 minutes.  Cool 30 minutes or more.

Note: I didn't have evaporated milk, so I used some half & half that I did have, and they turned out great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...