Friday, August 6, 2010

Suzette: A Blessing

Suzette came home from college for summer break in May, and from the very start was cheerful and positive... traits that have always been part of her personality.  Anyone who knows her would agree that she is a happy, fun person to be around!  She has made personal sacrifices, and works very hard to pay for college.  Even though her summer job is far from glamorous (she works the drive-thru window at Chick-fil-A 40+ hours a week, leaving very little time for fun activities), 99% of the time she walks in the door after her stressful day with a big smile and a happy "Hi!  I'm home!"  She is also feminine and sweet, intelligent, giving, spiritually discerning, self-motivated, hardworking, dauntless, and resilient.  She has her moments and is not perfect, but with JOY and for the glory of God, she is trying to live out her role as a biblical young woman to the best of her ability.  She's strong yet very sensitive, and will be a wonderful helpmeet to Tim (yes, she's taken!), who is called to be a pastor.  I just want to say how very proud I am of Suzette, and what an inspiration she is to me.  I have watched God do a special work in her from a little child to the young adult she is now, and there is no greater joy a parent can have.  I'm excited to see what God will continue to do!  She has been a TRUE blessing this summer, and I will miss her this coming school year more than I ever have.  I love you, Suzette!

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet tribute to your daughter!! You are blessed to have her - and she, to have you! Have a wonderful weekend!

    Tracey

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...