Saturday, May 1, 2010

Farmer's Markets


We had a new experience this morning... went to two area farmer's markets!  Of course there were folks selling their garden produce, herbs, and flowers, but I was surprised to see vendors selling homemade soaps, breads, jewelry, and many other crafts.  There were also farmers selling clean meats , raw goat cheese, and free-range eggs.  We went to the Chester Farmer's Market, where I bought some swiss chard for our smoothies ($2), a bunch of cilantro ($2), and a quart of strawberries($4).  We then went to the Forest Hill Farmer's Market where I bought the most beautiful romaine lettuce ($2) I've ever seen.  I can't help but be excited about the freshness of the food... being able to bring it right from the garden to our table.  Now if we can get our garden planted, we might eventually have a harvest of our own!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...